Manager, Product Management — Payments Experience San Francisco
Stripe was founded on the premise of dramatically simplifying payments integrations. The Payments Experience group is responsible for ensuring that Stripe leads the industry in providing the best possible payments integration experience for internet businesses.
The group is responsible for the development of the APIs, developer tools and dashboard experiences that enable merchants to create payment flows within their own products on both web and mobile. These are the most critical set of products for Stripe’s foundational service — helping merchants conduct business on the internet. Today, this set of products includes Elements, Checkout, the Payments APIs, and iOS and Android SDKs.
- Manage and develop a team of world class product managers and grow the team to meet business demands while helping them advance in their careers and sharpen their skills
- Work with Stripe leadership to define how we grow our products and product teams and work cross functionally to set the strategic direction for the group
- Lead the group to continuously reduce the complexity of integrating with Stripe while augmenting the power and flexibility of our products.
- Drive long-term strategy and company-wide product initiatives for how merchants integrate with Stripe
- Deeply understand our customer, how they use our products, the problems they encounter, and the opportunities we have for providing them with more value driven by equally deep knowledge of industry trends and regulatory changes
You may be a good fit if you:
- Have 5+ years Product Management experience, including at least 2+ years of managing a team of PMs
- Have experience methodically developing product managers’ skills and careers
- Have 2+ years of working as a software engineer
- Have significant experience with API products and delivering great developer experiences
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
Any combination of the following would make your application stand out:
- You’ve started or run a business in a related space
- You have payments or e-commerce experience
- You are excited about collaborating with teammates across Stripe’s organization to set standards around developer experience
We look forward to hearing from you.