Manager, Product Management- Business Applications San Francisco
Lead the product team that ships the core of Stripe user interfaces.
The Business Platform group is comprised of several teams all working to ship the core interfaces that Stripe exposes for its merchants including our web dashboard and mobile experiences on iOS and Android. The team is responsible for setting UX norms across all Stripe products in close partnership with the Stripe Design team. Leading product for this group is a uniquely strategic role, empowered and responsible for maintaining a high bar for both developer experience within Stripe and user experience for our customers.
- Work with Stripe leadership to define plans for elegantly scaling the number of products and teams implicated across our web and mobile dashboard products
- Manage and recruit a team of world class product managers
- Contribute to creating an inclusive work environment and diverse product team at Stripe
- Partner closely with engineering leaders and teams in the Business Platform org
- Establish norms and processes to ensure a unified user experience for merchants across devices and products
- Develop product managers on the team, helping them advance in their careers and sharpen their skills
- Contribute to company-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s product management team
- Think about how businesses will interact with us as they go from two people in a garage, to growth stage, and beyond into the Fortune 50
This is an exciting opportunity for a leader who loves to focus on:
- Making jobs that people do every day easier and faster
- Obsessing over user experience
- Managing substantial complexity that emerges from the confluence of many products in a single UI
- Working closely with design teams
You may be a good fit if:
- You have been a product manager on UI heavy tools that allow for complex workflows
- You’ve worked on or built software platforms that support several products or use cases
- You’re passionate about building relationships with a wide range of users and able to synthesize their needs into a thoughtful product approach
- You’re clear and persuasive in writing and in person
- You are excited about collaborating with teammates across Stripe’s organization to set standards and norms to shipping user experiences
- You have experience managing a team of product managers
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.#LI-JV1
We look forward to hearing from you.