Manager, Product Management San Francisco
Build products to make customers successful.
Product Management Leaders manage and work with a team of Product Managers to build innovative payments products for our global customers. We are looking for extremely entrepreneurial Product Management Leaders to help drive product development and mentor and guide direct reports as they collaborate with engineers, design, analytics and customer-facing teams.
- Understand the needs of your customers, prioritize, continuously building and iterating
- Ensure that product definition for the areas you work on, and the areas that your teams works on is clear and of high quality
- Manage a team of Product Managers, advising and guiding them as they autonomously make product decisions.
- Partner extremely closely with engineering discussing and making architecture and product decisions alike
- Establish a shared vision across Stripe by building consensus on priorities that lead to product execution
- Contribute to building and scaling the Product management team and discipline
- Ability to create partnerships both inside and outside of the Product organization, including with key strategic financial partners outside of Stripe
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- You’ve lead and mentored product managers, engineers, and designers in how to work together to build great products
- 8+ years of experience in Product Management or Engineering Leadership
- 2+ years of experience in Product Management leadership with direct reports under your guidance
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related field
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.#LI-RJ1
We look forward to hearing from you.