Manager, Payment Operations San Francisco
Making it easy to manage the capabilities of the financial system
The Payment Operations team creates and executes Stripe’s operational strategies at the intersection of Stripe’s products and the financial industry—banks, networks and other financial technology providers. The team’s focus is on scaling quality and differentiated user experiences that meet the internal policies and requirements for Stripe’s financial products. We’re looking for an experienced manager to lead the Payment Operations team globally within our Financial Platform Operations organization.
- Bring a deep understanding of the systems and policies of our financial partners to manage onboarding new financial partners, financial partner reporting, and chargeback programs.
- Define and execute on vision for scaling efficient operational processes to help Stripe and its users grow while maintaining the health of the financial ecosystem.
- Manage relationships with operational counterparts at financial partners. Effectively communicate Stripe’s product and business goals and create alignment internally and with partners on our role and obligations.
- Manage and lead cross-functional projects related to risks stemming from product and country growth, and appropriate prioritization. Collaborate closely with Risk, Product, Engineering, Financial Partnerships, User Operations and Sales teams.
- Develop your team through recruiting excellently, developing training and learning programs, clear goals setting, timely and constructive feedback, and career management
- Triage issues and remove obstacles to progress through cross-functional collaboration and embracing by Stripe’s Operating Principles.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have an established track record in managing operational and risk relationships with financial partners.
- Have experience recruiting, developing, and managing diverse and high-performing operations teams that interface with partners.
- Have strong collaboration, communication, and relationship building skills, with an ability to influence stakeholders across organizations and borders.
- Be skilled at using metrics to drive decision-making.
- Excel at creating and adapting functional and organizational processes that improve team and inter-team operations.
- Be a strong individual contributor when needed.
- Be familiar with the risk-related challenges of launching and scaling non-US markets.
We look forward to hearing from you.