Legal Intern (1L) San Francisco
Gain exposure to in-house legal life!
Who We Are
Stripe is building the economic infrastructure for the next generation of online businesses. We’re still a small company but with great ambitions, dealing with the complexity of the global financial system at the pace of a startup technology company. Because our mission is big and far-reaching, we need to build a solid legal base upon which to grow. We are looking for an exceptional individual to join Stripe’s legal team for the summer.
Who You Are
Stripe is seeking a local 1L law student who is interested in learning more about payments, technology, and practicing law within a company to spend the summer with us as a full-time intern. ** **Were looking for leadership potential and the drive, intelligence, integrity, curiosity and people skills that come along with it. Youll need to have a high degree of initiative, self direction, and the ability to work both independently and within a team.
A good summer intern will have:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with keen attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Ability to synthesize information to reach accurate conclusions
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- A strong drive to produce results
Role and Responsibilities
Stripe operates at the intersection of technology and financial services. In this role, you will be given the opportunity to learn how both of these worlds come together and the exciting challenges our team encounters. Through your internship, you will gain exposure to various aspects of the corporate legal environment, including contract review and negotiation, product counseling, intellectual property, privacy and security, and Stripe’s culture. We are a lean and highly collaborative team, so as an intern you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, with the opportunity to tailor the internship to your interests and skills.
Under the mentorship and supervision of Stripe’s legal team, the intern can expect to:
- Contribute to the production of policies, guidelines, and issue briefs for internal use by Stripe;
- Research novel areas of payment and business law and write legal and policy memoranda;
- Perform analysis on financial regulatory requirements;
- Assist in responding to information requests from users;
- Work cross-functionally with other teams at Stripe to support our users and our business;
- Lead other legal projects as needed; and
- Gain exposure to cutting-edge legal issues.
The internship will be offered for approximately 8 weeks. The summer internship requires a full-time commitment from late May/June through mid-August 2018. This is a paid position.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcript, and writing sample (no more than 5 pages). Please indicate in your cover letter when you are available to begin work. Please submit by application deadline of April 30th, 2018.#LI-LG1
We look forward to hearing from you.