International Regulatory Lawyer Dublin London
Help us grow our legal team!
Stripe provides tools that make it easier for businesses and entrepreneurs all over the world to grow. We work on some of the hardest technical, commercial, and regulatory problems around and we’re looking for a great lawyer to join our expanding regulatory team.
In this role you will work with talented people throughout the company to help Stripe grow in a manner that complies with payments, financial services, AML/CFT, and other regulations that apply to Stripe across the world. You will deal with a diverse set of issues that straddle financial regulation and technology.
The ideal candidate is passionate about technology and excited about Stripe’s mission of helping businesses grow and thrive online. We’re looking for a team player with a sense of humour, who enjoys solving complex problems.
In this role you will:
- Serve as one of Stripe’s primary financial regulatory lawyers, advising on a wide range of regulatory issues across multiple international jurisdictions.
- Counsel Stripe’s business and product teams on the application of payment laws and regulations, helping us create products and expand internationally in a way that meets our obligations, as well as the needs of our customers.
- Represent Stripe on a variety of topics before regulators, banking partners, and other external audiences.
The person we would like to hire for this role should have:
- Significant experience practicing as a lawyer, with specific financial regulatory experience, specifically in payments, particularly advantageous.
- Experience working in a major financial institution, financial services regulatory authority, or a sophisticated financial services regulatory practice within a major law firm will be a real plus.
You will also be:
- An exceptional lawyer, with strong project management skills, capable of working under tight deadlines.
- Decisive, with excellent judgment, and adept at making smart decisions in the face of ambiguity and imperfect information.
- A terrific communicator (written and verbal), with an ability to make complex regulatory concepts clear to business teams, engineers, lawyers, and regulators.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.
- A 1 - 2 paragraph summary of how you resolved an interesting legal issue (respecting client secrets and confidences).
We look forward to hearing from you.