International Accountant Dublin
Help scale our finance infrastructure internationally.
Stripe is building a world class finance team with a goal of being fully automated and supremely lean. Our finance team is responsible for shaping our understanding of how Stripe is performing as a business, as well as what our best opportunities are for continued growth. We’re looking for an International Accountant to join our fast growing team and help us build our technical accounting and financial reporting processes, work with business partners, financial partners and our world-class engineers. You will help us develop amazing accounting flows and help track our progress within a fast-paced environment that’s growing globally.
- Assist with the international financial close process for our EMEA and LATAM entities. This will include journal entries, reconciliations, inter-company accounting, cost center allocations, flux analyses and other balance sheet and P&L accounts.
- Be the main point of contact on statutory audits. You will liaise with external auditors and oversee their interactions with our finance outsourcing partners.
- You will oversee our finance outsourcing partners. These partners perform payroll, accounts payable and book keeping tasks on our behalf.
- Assist with the review of direct and indirect tax returns which are performed by our outsourcing partners.
- Create documentation to help us scale globally.
- Research technical accounting guidance and issues and perform analysis as needed.
- Manage our financial reporting obligations to regulators in the region.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have 1-2 years post qualified accounting experience, with a degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Be a qualified accountant who has trained in practice, preferably in audit (Big 4 & ACA preferred) and also has private industry experience.
- Know accounting systems (Oracle or similar is a bonus).
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of IFRS and U.S. GAAP.
- A good understanding of both financial and operational controls.
- Love Excel, and be comfortable with large data sets.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of (or experience in) the payments industry.
- General ledger accounting experience in a fast growing multinational environment.
- Experience of working with finance outsourcers.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese a bonus.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume or LinkedIn profile
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here.#LI-OH1
We look forward to hearing from you.