Head of Internal Systems San Francisco
Help architect, build and run our internal systems team and business applications as we scale!
Stripe provide tools that make it easier for entrepreneurs all over the world to grow their businesses. We are looking for a proven leader to lead our internal systems team. You will help us identify gaps in our current processes, bring knowledge of best practices around identity management, controls and systems integrations from past experience at large companies. You will be innovative and not bound by the strictures of past practices developed elsewhere. We want Stripe to be at the leading edge of all business systems applying the leanest, most efficient, uncluttered and non-bureaucratic process possible, while still developing an appropriately controlled and accurate internal systems environment.
- Be responsible for managing our current business applications and help teams establish their strategic direction and business plans for internal systems.
- Help set budgets and strategy for existing and future systems development.
- Help decide on a balance between internally developed software and systems and external (build versus buy analysis).
- Work closely with business partners (e.g., Functional Leads, Project Management, Internal Tools, Security Teams, etc.) to understand and define requirements, objectives, and processes to drive strategic application efforts with other teams.
- Ensure appropriate controls and documentation are followed at all levels by the internal systems organizations. Approve remediation for any control deficiencies.
- Define what an appropriate internal systems team structure looks like at Stripe today and in the future as we grow in scale and complexity.
You should have:
- 10-15 years of relevant system architecting experience with a strong knowledge of systems such as Workday, Oracle, and Salesforce.
- Experience scaling a global organization working with business partners and engineering teams.
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and external vendors.
- Experience defining the architecture and technology standards for enterprise integration across the organization, and ensuring those standards are published, updated, and made widely available.
- The ability to balance technical and business interests in a fast moving, engineering driven culture.
- Proven ability to manage complex projects and resources (people, costs, and time) across multiple teams.
- A software engineering background (not a requirement, but a very strong plus).
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.