Internal Events Manager San Francisco
Help us grow Stripe by creating stellar experiences for our employees
We’re looking for an experienced, creative, strategic event manager to join the Stripe Marketing Events team. You’ll work with us to create experiences that delight fellow Stripes, enhance and celebrate our internal culture, and help Stripe expand around the globe.
Working closely with Design, Communications, Leadership, IT, Workplace, and many other teams across Stripe, you’ll be a key part of building and growing our internal events program. You’ll own the strategy and execution for events of all sizes and lead the management of our office event spaces, ensuring that we deliver outstanding and thoughtful experiences every time.
If you’re someone that thrives on leading big cross-functional projects, has a passion for building process and organization, and enjoys brainstorming creative event concepts as much as perfecting the tiniest details, we want to hear from you!
- Drive the strategy and execution for Stripe’s annual employee conference, managing vendor and agency relationships, being a content thought partner, and working with internal stakeholders from different teams to build excitement and deliver a fun and fulfilling event
- Manage our in-office event spaces, creating new processes for operations, triaging requests, running events, and empowering others to run theirs
- Help execute and develop our inclusivity & diversity events, partnering with ERGs and the I&D team to evaluate opportunities and expand the program
- Develop new event programs and formats, ensuring consistency and creativity throughout all touchpoints and locations
- Produce events from concept through completion: identify opportunities, define strategy and goals, assemble project teams, manage vendors, source diverse speakers and audiences, create runbooks, and navigate the murky waters of event metrics along the way
- Document and refine the workings of the events program and expand its cadence and scope, helping connect and enable an ever-growing audience of Stripes in our offices around the world
Our ideal candidate will have:
- At least 4 years of full-time experience planning a range of events in a fast-paced environment, preferably at a technology company
- At least 3 years of experience working on large-scale event productions (1000+ people)
- A relentless commitment to focusing on the details and staying hyper-organized
- Exceptional stakeholder management techniques and cross-functional project management experience
- A wealth of event planning knowledge, including developing event strategy, tracking the right metrics, and comfortability executing the soup-to-nuts details for a variety of event formats
- A passion for transforming brand principles into real-life experience
- Established relationships with event vendors and agencies
- Experience with international event planning and working with global audiences
- Strong working knowledge of the tech industry
- Superb communication and problem-solving skills
- The ability to thrive in a high-growth workplace and be flexible when priorities shift
Nice to haves:
- Passion for and/or involvement with diversity & inclusivity initiatives
- Experience planning employee events and conferences
- An understanding of the developer community
- Proficiency for managing digital event assets (email, website, etc.)
- A knack for writing clear and concise documentation
- Extensive knowledge of venues, restaurants, and spaces in San Francisco as well as around the world
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.#LI-JM2
We look forward to hearing from you.