Industry Relations and Policy - Banking New York Seattle
Stripe makes it easy for any developer to access and manage the capabilities of the financial system including global payments, banking, and other innovative financial services. The Financial Partnerships organization is responsible for the strategy, partnerships, and overall execution required to offer these capabilities globally to ensure our product and capabilities continue to expand.
We’re looking for someone to join the US based Financial Partnerships organisation to work on Stripe’s Industry Relations and Policy team focused on the banking industry and policy. You will work closely with the Financial Partnerships managers and broader organisation to develop Stripe’s industry relationships and strategy and work with the Payments Operations team to operationalize this.
- Develop deep understanding of Stripe’s product you will be our subject matter expert for interpreting and documenting the rules and bank requirements across all aspects of our business.
- Identify areas of the rules that need to better align or are no longer relevant with the changing landscape of our users and our product. You will define and document our position as well as develop our engagement strategy with bank partners and regulators
- Build relationships across the industry from which we can uplevel Stripe as an industry expert and thought leader. You may represent us at industry events and sit on industry boards that are of interest to Stripes long term goals
- Work closely with Partner Managers to proactively identify emerging opportunities and work with each bank partner to influence and shape their understanding of Stripe.
- You’ll work work with the Financial Crimes, Risk, and User Policy teams, etc. to weigh in on partner asks to inform user supportability decisions and policies.
- In concert with our regulatory and government policy teams to define the state of the industry and provide the industry expertise on new payment regulations and develop our internal point of view.
- Manage bank partner and industry on-sites and due diligence reviews.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is resourceful, action-oriented with strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Has strong structured communication skills, ability to write thorough documentation and operational procedures etc
- Has good understanding of card scheme rules and requirements Is able to prioritize competing demands while working on complex problems.
- Has 2+ years of experience in payments.
- Has a solid background in negotiation and can adapt their style across different business cultures.
- Has the ability to manage multiple stakeholders and drive towards an optimal outcome.
You should include these in your application:
- A link to relevant online profiles (e.g. LinkedIn) and your resume.
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.#LI-FB1
We look forward to hearing from you.