Staff Writer San Francisco
Democratize software engineering.
As a writer for Increment, you will be part of the founding team of a brand new, independent, print and digital publication about how teams build and operate software systems at scale. Increment is intended to be a software engineering magazine dedicated to providing useful and practical insight into what effective teams are doing so we can all learn and achieve our goals faster.
You will have the chance to get the first scoop on big issues in the tech industry, and the opportunity to write the pieces that interest you most.
- Work with our team of editors, designers, engineers, and freelance artists and journalists to write some of our long-form feature pieces
- Collaborate with external contributors and companies on articles, opinion pieces, and interviews
- Turn our interviews and surveys with industry leading companies into stories with lessons and purpose
You should have:
- Minimum two years experience as a journalist
- A fantastic ability to find narratives in piles of unstructured data
- The skills needed to take complex engineering topics and make them understandable and relatable to a wide audience
- The expertise to conduct in-depth technical interviews with execs and employees at tech companies
- Familiarity with the tech industry and the basics of software engineering
- Flexibility and a keen eye for detail in your work
Nice to haves:
- Experience in computer science, engineering, or a related technical field
- Written a technical or popular book
- Bylines in top-tier print magazines like The New Yorker, The Atlantic
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume and LinkedIn profile
- A cover letter
- Three long-form pieces you’ve written and published in the past year
We look forward to hearing from you.