Editor San Francisco
As an editor at Increment, you will be part of the founding team of a brand new, independent, digital and print publication about how teams build and operate software systems at scale. Increment is intended to be a software engineering magazine dedicated to providing useful and practical insight into what effective teams are doing so we can all learn and achieve our goals faster.
You will have full editorial independence and can help build the entire magazine from scratch. We’re looking for someone with vision, as well as the practical skills to keep everything up and running.
- Work with our team of editors, designers, in-house (staff) writers, and freelancers to compile and produce our quarterly magazine
- Partner closely with the Editor in Chief to make sure that the day-to-day operations of the magazine accomplish its large-scale goals
- Be responsible for many of the day-to-day organization and operations of the magazine, including making sure deadlines are met
- Compile survey and interview information
- Copy-edit and review digital and print proofs
You should have:
- Minimum of five years experience as an editor, preferably more than two years as a managing or deputy editor
- Experience working with freelance journalists
- A passion for copyediting and an obsession with perfect spelling and grammar
Nice to have:
- Experience in computer science, engineering, or a related technical field
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume and LinkedIn profile
- A cover letter
We look forward to hearing from you.