Associate Editor New York San Francisco
Edit and write for Stripe’s software magazine.
As an Associate Editor for Increment, you will be part of the founding team of a brand-new, independent print and digital publication about how teams build and operate software systems at scale. Increment is a software engineering magazine dedicated to providing useful and practical insight into what effective teams are doing so we can all learn and achieve our goals faster.
- Review submissions and move them along in our editorial process
- Meticulously copy edit, fact-check, and proofread writing by our staff and freelance writers while maintaining their unique voices
- Uphold our high editorial standards and help ensure stylistic consistency across our digital and print publications
- Write and develop content as assigned, in a rapidly evolving environment
You should have:
- At least two years professional writing and editing experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Well-honed fact-checking, research, and copy editing skills
- Great time management skills — you always make your deadlines
- A cooperative spirit
Nice to haves:
- Experience in computer science, engineering, or a related technical field
- Journalism experience
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume and LinkedIn profile
- A cover letter
- A link to your writing portfolio, or at least three writing samples
- Ideally, links to at least three pieces for which you’ve been the primary editor
We look forward to hearing from you.