Incident Communications San Francisco
Deliver incredible experiences to Stripe users.
Over a hundred thousand companies rely on Stripe to power their business. We’re proud of our reliability, but when failures happen, we want to be quick and transparent with users. You’ll help grow a team that supports our users when incidents occur, and work to build out our incident communication processes.
You’ll manage these processes end-to-end, working with teams across the company to broadcast information to our users and across the organization. The Incident Communications team is small, scrappy, and tight-knit, working within the global User Operations to provide amazing support for our users.
If youre constantly curious, impeccably organized, and a strong communicator, we want to hear from you!
- Improve our processes as we scale our team across new regions and products, including workflows, tooling, and automation.
- Train and maintain a team of responders to support our users 24x7, ensuring all communications are up to par.
- Be an advocate for users, working with engineering teams to raise critical issues affecting users.
- Push for remediation and help prevent incidents from reoccurring.
- Spend most of your time working on incident communications, but you’ll also work to support users through other mediums.
Were looking for someone who:
- Enjoys writing, and does so quickly and clearly (you need to be fluent and highly proficient in English).
- Can organize and manage projects through the planning phase through to execution, all while tracking the metrics that demonstrate success.
- Enjoys talking about technical concepts, has great analytical skills, and would be comfortable explaining how Stripe works to a range of audiences.
- Can empathize with users and quickly grasp the issues theyre facing.
- Enjoys the puzzle of solving open-ended problems.
- Loves constantly learning about a changing technical product, even when it’s a little out of your depth.
You should include in your application:
- A resume or Linkedin profile
- Why you want to work in this role.
- Your answer to the following: given free rein, what are one or two improvements you would have made to the processes at a company or organization where you have worked? - How would you assess if the changes were successful?
We look forward to hearing from you.