HR Business Partner San Francisco
Build the best people org at Stripe.
As an HR business partner, you’ll help make Stripe a great place to work and grow. You’ll work with teams across Stripe to implement systems, processes, and programs to help people succeed.
- Work with people, functioning as an advocate and resource for Stripe employees.
- Partner with and advise team leads and managers regarding performance evaluation, compensation, and promotion processes.
- Advise staff regarding employment basics and Stripe HR policies, conferring with in-house counsel as necessary.
- Identify and evaluate innovative HR technology to be used in Stripe’s performance evaluation, compensation, and promotion processes.
- Help Stripe scale its benefits program globally.
- Work closely with third-party PEO to administer Stripe benefits, including medical & dental insurance, life insurance, and retirement programs; maintain any additional staff records as needed.
- Ensure enrollment and compliance with federal and state programs (Worker’s Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, California Family and Medical Leave Act, Federal Medical Leave Act, and COBRA) and counsel employees applying for benefits under these programs.
- Alongside counsel and external consultants, ensure Stripe’s compliance with other federal, state, and local labor regulations (wage regulations, equal employment opportunity laws, etc.).
- Work with in-house counsel and executive team to revise and maintain Stripe employee handbook and code of conduct.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A background of at least five years as an HR generalist or HR business partner, preferably with a mix of experience in fast-growing technology companies and more established organizations.
- A clear, approachable, and friendly communication style and customer service attitude.
- Experience implementing people programs including compensation, performance feedback, HR compliance, and professional growth.
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design clear processes, and a very detail oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving.
- Technical curiosity and knowledge of evolving trends in HR products and services.
- Deep sense of empathy and ability to communicate across diverse groups.
You should include these in your application:
- A description of your relevant background and interests.
- A link to relevant online profiles (e.g. LinkedIn or Twitter) or your resume.
- A short piece about the most interesting HR process problem you’ve faced.
We look forward to hearing from you.