Head of Workplace San Francisco
Stripe has a fun and fast-paced culture, and we care deeply about Stripe being a great place for our employees to work. Our employees work from around the world in nine global offices and the company is composed of smart, collaborative, hardworking people. We value design and functionality, and we aim to develop functional, efficient spaces that are welcoming for our staff, our users, and our partners.
We’re growing rapidly, and our Head of Workplace will be responsible for running and scaling our offices and continuing our expansion globally. You’ll own and oversee day-to-day office operations, physical security, real estate strategy, transaction management, design and construction, food and beverage, and build teams to support Stripe’s Workplace goals. You’ll blend people, process, technology, and culture to help keep Stripes around the world happy and productive.
- Draw on your expertise and collaborate with Stripe’s executive and Workplace teams to develop innovative, thoughtful philosophies and processes across the entire Workplace organization that reinforce the culture we’re building. These will range from space planning through to physical security and on to business continuity, food and beverage, and office design, among others. You will design implementation roadmaps and change management strategies to roll out globally.
- Grow and manage high performing teams and individuals, developing the organization’s identity, brand, and operating principles.
- Ensure that the Workplace team is positioned to support Stripe’s goals as a business.
- Own both strategic planning and the global operating budget for Workplace end-to-end, working closely with Finance and Stripe’s leadership to drive consensus towards a unified strategy for Workplace.
- Lead Stripe’s global real estate strategy and project management, overseeing transactions, budgets, site selection, and design-construction project management.
- Cultivate partnerships across the company to ensure delivery of office space and services, with teams including Finance, Legal, IT, Country Leads, People Operations, and others.
You should have:
- An experienced workplace professional: You’ve operated globally in a high-growth environment, are a strong people manager, and have 15+ years’ experience in global facilities management, with some real estate experience.
- A great leader: We’re looking for a humble leader, not just a workplace wizard. You’ll hire, train, and develop a global team of professionals across our food, workplace, and real estate teams. Our people and culture are two of our greatest assets—your work will directly guide that culture, and contribute to the happiness, well-being, and success of our employees.
- Operationally minded: We’re looking for someone who is process-oriented, with deep project management experience across the Workplace space. You should have experience building and scaling the processes and systems needed to run our workplaces, from ticketing systems through to space planning, and a track record of successfully implementing change.
- Highly collaborative: You should be happy working in a cross-functional and fluid environment, be able to learn quickly, and not take yourself too seriously (a wry sense of humor is always appreciated). You should have strong interpersonal skills, and be able to maintain working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- An excellent communicator: You can deftly translate complex topics and succinctly communicate with all types of audiences: vendors, executives, and internal customers, among others.
You should include these in your application:
- Resume and LinkedIn profile
- Any information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and accomplishments
We look forward to hearing from you.