Head of Payments Partnerships San Francisco
Grow Stripe through Partnerships
Stripe makes it easy for any developer to access the capabilities of the financial system. We’re doing this by developing and executing partnership strategies that power our products. As we influence the payments space, we need a leader who is an expert in understanding future opportunities/threats and managing our partnerships and operations for continued innovation and scale. We will continue to build and scale our Business Development organization to effectively partner with many companies and industries. Given the strategic importance and opportunities, we’re hiring a leader to help scale our Payments Partnerships team within our Business Development organization and grow the payments ecosystem for Stripe’s products.
- Lead teams to develop a deep understanding of the industries we’re operating in and help define our product vision and business strategy
- Develop and execute the partnership strategies and programs to enable our product and business strategy; work with product and engineering teams to identify product gaps that can be addressed through partnerships
- Help scale the usage of our products through partnerships with wallets, payment methods, and other partners ensuring Stripe is positioned advantageously with our partners.
- Lead strategic partnerships with key partners including Apple and Google, among others
- Drive partnership programs to help us verify the identity of our users, enabling payments acceptance globally
- Work cross-functionally to ensure operational excellence with our partners, with a particular focus on growth, margins, and user experience
- Coordinate across a global organization and facilitate our expansion in markets around the world
What we’re looking for someone who:
- Has a track record of leading high performing partnership teams in a product centric company with significant internal and external dependencies
- Has broad and deep experience executing industry-wide partnership strategies to build innovative product experiences and go to market models
- Can represent Stripe and our brand excellently–this role will likely have a public facing facet
- Has experience leading a team in accomplishing its objectives, which include cross functional dependencies on teams with competing priorities
- Is a strong collaborator and knows how to build effective partnerships across organizations
- Is a strong negotiator and ambitious on what we should try to do with our partners and how Stripe creates value and differentiation
- Has significant deal-making experience with top 20 internet companies, interfacing with C-Level executives
- Has a history of working in a product/engineering-first company, where Business Development is a strategy-driver
- Is operationally focused, with an ability to see a deal through to success, far beyond signing, leading teams through execution by using planning, metrics, and organizational structures
- Is a strong decision maker, able to prioritize and guide teams through competing demands and complex problems
- Has experience building and managing high-performing teams
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.#LI-FB1
We look forward to hearing from you.