Head of Engineering, APAC Singapore
Stripe’s core mission is to reduce the barriers faced by large and emerging businesses around the world by abstracting away the complexities of payments. In APAC, we’re looking to build a thriving engineering hub complementing and extending the reach of our current U.S. offices.
Stripe is looking for an experienced leader who has built and led engineering and product teams in the enterprise software space. This leader should have a strong track record of supporting, mentoring and hiring across various engineering groups and should be an expert in positioning business value, leveraging software solutions and building relationships with key stakeholders in Asia.
- Work with other Stripe leaders to define, design, and execute the plan for Stripe’s technical vision and product strategy in APAC
- Recruit great engineers and managers, in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team
- Represent Stripe in official functions, in collaboration with Stripe’s communications team
- Support engineering managers in APAC as they develop their teams
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
- Directly lead in-region teams including: Engineering, Product Management and Technical Program Management
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the technical landscape in Asia
- Have a track record of leading productive global engineering teams
- Are technical enough to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions
- Lead by example, by setting the right context, and by helping teammates do their best work
- Have successfully recruited great people to your teams
- Are clear and persuasive in writing and in person
- Thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- Get excited helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- Are an experienced engineering leader who has mentored other engineering leaders
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.#LI-LH2
We look forward to hearing from you.