Head of Corporate Communications UK, Ireland London
Tell the Stripe story
Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet. Businesses of all sizes—from new startups to public companies like Salesforce and Facebook—use our software to accept online payments and run technically sophisticated financial operations in more than 100 countries.
The Communications team builds Stripe’s brand and influence across the world. In the UK and Ireland especially, communications plays a critical function in shaping Stripe’s reputation and ability to navigate the technical and political landscape across Europe.
Based in London, we’re looking for a seasoned corporate communications leader to develop and implement a wide-ranging strategy that elevates our corporate brand, drives awareness of Stripe’s product leadership in Europe, tells the stories of our most exciting users, and shapes our strategic response to complex policy and regulatory issues. This will involve partnering closely with the policy, legal, marketing, growth, and partnerships teams around the world, as well as drawing on an extensive network of senior media relationships. The ideal candidate will have “seen it all” and yet is energized by working at every elevation of the team—from pan-European, long-term strategic thinking to placing stories that move the needle in individual markets.
- Develop and oversee a communications strategy that positions Stripe as the most ambitious and thoughtful technology company.
- Enhance relationships with senior editors and reporters at tier-one business and technology media outlets.
- Create thought-leadership projects that elevate the Stripe brand and broaden awareness of our mission and impact.
- Shape Stripe’s point-of-view on industry, regulatory, and other policy-related topics.
- Coach executives and develop their platform and messaging.
- Implement a customer storytelling program that infuses the voices of our most exciting users into campaigns, news announcements and other activities.
- Manage UKI press office team and ensure message consistency across geographies.
You should have:
- 12-15 years of experience in media relations, preferably in a high-growth and/or B2B environment.
- Relationships with senior reporters and editors in both technology and business press.
- Strong technical acumen and high familiarity with software industry trends.
- Advanced strategic storytelling and issues management skills.
- Expertise in executive coaching to advise leadership in San Francisco and in Europe.
- Experience partnering closely with policy and marketing.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills.
You should include these in your application:
- CV and LinkedIn profile.
- Writing samples are always welcome!
- Whatever information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and accomplishments.
We look forward to hearing from you!#LI-RL2
We look forward to hearing from you.