Head of APAC Partnerships Singapore
We are seeking an experienced, product-minded leader to grow and manage Stripe’s partnerships in the Asia-Pacific region to enable our product strategy and help drive the rapid growth of Stripe. We are looking for an individual who has been directly involved in scaling a business, with a particular focus on partnerships and strategy, with a passion for understanding user needs as well as deep interest in products and technology. Intellectual curiosity and fascination with the global financial system, Internet businesses, and operational details of payments infrastructure will be a benefit. You will be responsible for building, managing, and mentoring a diverse and high performing team, for representing Stripe across all our Asia-Pacific markets externally to partners, and working cross functionally across our global organization. You know what it is like to start something from scratch, and then grow it structurally and methodically. You will have a strong understanding of technical concepts, and enjoy being close to product and engineering teams as well as sales teams.
- Develop and execute partnership strategies and products with financial institutions, payment methods and wallets, verification providers, and other technology partners across Asia-Pacific.
- Collaborate with our Product & Engineering organization to develop partnership strategies enabling product and strategic initiatives in Asia-Pacific.
- Work with cross-functional teams including Sales, Legal, Marketing, Atlas, Legal, Policy, Finance and other teams to launch and manage new and existing partners and partnership programs in efforts to drive the development of Stripe’s ecosystem.
- Develop and execute partnership strategies supporting Stripe’s go-to-market efforts in the region driving distribution of Stripe’s products and user growth.
- Oversee identification, negotiation and execution of product and growth partnership opportunities.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key partners. Build relationships with key executive counterparts and serve as a key escalation point in negotiations and discussions with key influencers including partners, regulators, and key users.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 10+ years of experience in business development, product management or similar roles at a top technology company, working closely with technology companies on platform or product partnership efforts, or in financial partnerships roles.
- Previous experience working in the Asia-Pacific region for a technology/software company or an understanding of the various corporate and business cultures within Asia-Pacific.
- Proven ability to lead complex negotiations and partnership strategies that achieved broad industry support.
- Strong product instinct and ability to identify opportunities for Stripe to leverage partners’ existing and in-development products, as well as the ability to collaborate with Stripe’s Product and Engineering organization to build world-class features for our users.
- An understanding of product strategy and key requirements for scaling products and operations through partnerships, especially with a “users first” mentality.
- Ability to effectively represent Stripe externally at the executive level with financial partners (including banks and card networks), internet companies, government agencies, and a wide range of external partners.
- Ability to recruit, manage, and mentor a diverse team of high performing individuals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (e.g. region specific language skills) – including the ability to speak to different constituencies such as business development, product, engineering, and sales internally and externally.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity.
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.#LI-KM1
We look forward to hearing from you.