Growth Lead, South East Asia Singapore
Stripe is rapidly expanding globally, and we are excited to bring Stripe to Southeast Asia. We feel that each market has its own unique challenges and opportunities, and we are looking for someone to join Stripe to drive our strategy and market entry for the region.
You will lead Stripe’s efforts to empower Southeast Asian entrepreneurs and expand the GDP of the Internet. You will be leading Stripe’s market entry to different countries in Southeast Asia by crafting our strategy, building our partnerships, and operations from the ground up.
- Develop a market entry strategy for Stripe in the region.
- Work with our product team to define and build a world-class product that addresses the local needs of customers.
- Help develop and manage relationships with key local financial partners and regulators.
- Cultivate and support Stripe’s first customers in the region, and work to establish Stripe’s brand in the developer and startup community.
- Help to recruit the local business teams needed to support and grow the market over the long term.
You may be a fit if:
- You have lived and worked extensively in Southeast Asia, and you speak at least one of the local languages.
- You have 6+ years of experience building a technology or payments business.
- You’re entrepreneurial, independent, and you love building things from scratch.
- You have an ability to engage and develop credibility with senior business and government leaders on new technology and policy.
- You care about empowering entrepreneurs, and have a strong track record of engaging with the local tech community.
- You are outgoing. You love bringing people and teams together. You are great at communicating with customers and partners.
- You are willing to dive in to the details to make things succeed.
- You love having data to back up an argument.
- You like and are willing to travel.
Nice to have:
- Payments experience
- Banking & payments relationships in Southeast Asia
You should include these in your application:
- A description of your relevant background and interests.
- Three paragraphs on how you would bring Stripe to market in one of the countries in Southeast Asia, other than Singapore.
- A link to relevant online profiles (e.g. Linkedin, Twitter).
We look forward to hearing from you.