Growth Finance & Strategy - Sales Compensation New York
Be a part of building the Finance team at Stripe!
Stripe builds the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. More than half of US internet users have purchased something from a Stripe user in the past year.
We are building an elite team to drive financial insight and strategy at Stripe. The Growth Finance and Strategy team works together with our key business partners to accelerate long term growth for Stripe. We bring understanding and predictability to Stripe’s top line financials. You will be instrumental in defining Stripe’s business aspirations and realizing its potential.
- Lead the sales incentive compensation design-to-deployment process: you will understand our strategic objectives and work with executives and sales leaders to design core compensation structures to achieve those objectives.
- Assess the success of current incentives, proposing new incentive designs; you will leverage analytics to drive clarity of design choices and demonstrate sales plan performance.
- Create cost of sales models to evaluate plan scenarios and impact to Stripe’s key go-to-market metrics, including working with the broader Finance team to predict the cost of incentive compensation programs and plan designs.
- Design temporary incentives (e.g., “SPIFFs”) to support short term priorities.
- Project manage the review process across business partners, securing final decisions and approvals, and communicating changes on policy and program changes in a compelling and effective manner to relevant stakeholders.
- Work with our Internal Systems, People Operations and Sales Operations teams to deploy a Sales Incentive Compensation system.
- You will administer and operate the sales plan.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of experience in a quantitative role requiring analysis of financials.
- 2+ years of compensation experience that includes significant knowledge and experience with sales incentive plan best practices and innovative critical design thinking.
- Broad-based compensation knowledge and experience (e.g., quotas, accelerators, pay mix, and on-target earnings).
- Exceptional problem solving skills: the demonstrated ability to structure complex problems and develop solutions.
- Analytical skills: the ability to structure and execute against complex analysis; experience with SQL or a willingness to learn is a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with business partners and executives; you are seen as a trusted and objective advisor.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to partner across functional areas (e.g., Sales, Finance, Operations, and HR).
- The ability to be a self-starter capable of driving business results without significant supervision.
- The ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving environment.
To apply, please send us:
- Resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.