Global Payroll Specialist San Francisco
Help scale our finance infrastructure globally!
Stripe is building a world class finance team. Our finance team is responsible for shaping our understanding of how Stripe is performing as a business, as well as what our best opportunities are for continued growth. We are looking for a Global Payroll Specialist to join our fast growing team and help us scale our payroll function globally. You should have a strong payroll background, outstanding people skills, great eye for detail, and a tireless commitment to process improvement. If this sounds like you - we’d love to hear from you!
- Oversee the work of third-party payroll providers in EMEA, APAC, LATAM, and NA, ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of Payroll services globally.
- Communicate all payroll changes to Stripe’s third-party payroll providers and review/approve the payroll runs on a bi-weekly and monthly cadence.
- Partner with the People Ops team on enhancing Workday integrations and using Workday to scale payroll globally.
- Oversee, review, and approve offcycle payrolls for equity transactions and terminations.
- Respond to employee payroll inquiries in a timely manner, providing outstanding customer service.
- Help set up payroll in new countries.
- Assist, as needed, in US payroll processing and report preparation.
- Ensure accurate reporting and tax withholding on employee wages, benefits in kind, stock option exercises, and relocation expenses.
- Support internal and external audits.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years experience scaling and managing payroll in multiple international locations and the US.
- Strong working knowledge of international payroll and HRIS systems, especially Workday.
- Experience processing multi-state US payroll for exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and international tax regulations pertaining to payroll and equity.
- Experience implementing and maintaining compliance with a Global Mobility policy.
- A clear, approachable, and friendly communication style and customer service focus.
- A mind for detail—you can tell when something’s off, and you won’t rest until it’s fixed.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent accuracy, especially under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of proper tax treatment of benefits in different countries (benefits in kind, pensions, maternity leave).
- Strong Excel skills (incl. Pivot tables and VLOOKUP).
- Accounting knowledge–understanding of payroll journal entries, monthly close, recons, and general accounting principles.
- Sound judgment–you’re able to deal with complex issues and coordinate with internal and external partners as appropriate.
- Experience creating and maintaining internal controls.
- Experience supporting financial statement audits.
To apply, please include:
- A resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.