Global Investigations Manager San Francisco
Help us scale our corporate security team!
The Corporate Security team at Stripe is looking for an experienced Global Investigations Manager to join our team in San Francisco, CA. The Global Investigations Manager plays a pivotal role in protecting Stripe’s payments infrastructure from fraud and loss events. Working with our Risk, Compliance, Legal, Financial Crimes, and security team you will build a team of investigators that protect our users and the company. Connecting with law enforcement agencies across the world, you will aggressively investigate cases of wrongdoing on the payments API. This position requires a deep knowledge fraud schemes, data analysis, with certification as a CFE desirable.
In this role you will:
- Serve as primary contact for Stripe’s internal teams for the investigations of loss events, working to mitigate impacts to our payments system.
- Work closely with legal, risk, compliance, financial crimes and infosec internally to understand and develop risk controls that identify fraud schemes before they impact the company.
- Develop mitigation strategies that communicate vulnerabilities to internal teams that will inform product changes to stop fraud.
- Develop, share and deploy knowledge and best practices internally, and act as an advocate for the investigations team to drive change in a collaborative manner.
- Work closely with law enforcement and regulatory bodies domestically and internationally, leveraging pre-established relationships for maximum effectiveness.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- At least 10+ years of experience working in the financial services or banking industry in fraud investigations.
- Solid understanding of payment network rules and other financial services regulatory issues.
- At least 3+ years leading a team of investigators.
- A CFE or equivalent designation with practice currency in the technology industry.
- Extreme organizational skills.
The person we want to hire for this role will also:
- Be an influencer, already having established themselves as a leader in this field to effect change.
- Have worked in, or closely with, one or more technology companies to structure complex financial services relationships.
- Be a great manager that seeks to develop your team and support their personal and professional growth.
- Love technology and are a quick study on new things.
- Be a great communicator and solid project manager, able to effectively prioritize and advance a large number of cases happening simultaneously, often on tight deadlines.
- Know who and how to get cases on-boarded with law enforcement in order to improve the success of your cases, seeing them through to completion.
- Develop metrics and KPI’s that demonstrate that the team is an effective investment.
- Resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.