Full Stack Engineer, Financial Products New York
Work across Stripe’s technical stack to build Stripe’s newest financial products and services
Stripe is the best software platform for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars every year for hundreds of thousands of businesses around the world. One third of Americans bought something on Stripe in the last year.
With all this data, we’re looking for Full Stack Engineers who can help us own the end-to-end development of new financial products and services for Stripe users. As a Full Stack Engineer at Stripe, you will work on problems that run the gamut from frontend product development, to backend infrastructure, to machine learning engineering. As you work in each of those areas, you will collaborate with experts in design, infrastructure, and machine learning to build robust, polished products that power the businesses of Stripe users around the world.
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes, and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end
- Build new features for internal and external users
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization such as experts in product, design, infrastructure, and machine learning
You may be fit for this role if you
- Enjoy being a generalist working on both the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- Can stitch together many different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before
- Can put yourself in the shoes of your users and be a steward of crafting great experiences
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- Uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design
- Add new functionality to the Stripe dashboard, and build the backend systems that power that functionality, to help Stripe users run their businesses more effectively
- Build systems and user interfaces to power new financial products moving tens- or hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Create new API-driven products for Stripe’s Connect platforms to share with their users.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry—from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity—which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups. We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.#LI-JR2
We look forward to hearing from you.