Financial Risk Modeler San Francisco
Come help us build best-in-class models to measure, mitigate, and optimize Stripe’s financial risks!
Stripe is building world class financial risk management capabilities, with the goal of being fully automated and supremely lean. We’re looking for an experienced financial risk modeling professional to join our fast growing team. You will help us to build integrated financial systems and risk models, which will include assessments of our credit, liquidity, market, and operational risks on a standalone and portfolio basis. The output from these risk models will inform and track against our corporate risk appetite limits and Key Risk Indicators (KRI’s). In doing so, you will work closely with our Analytics, Finance, Risk, and Engineering teams to develop the systems and analytics necessary to quantify our corporate risks and inform our business decisions. You will also work closely with our Product and Sales teams to shape our understanding of how Stripe is performing as a business, as well as what our best opportunities are for continued growth.
- Develop statistical models and simulations to measure and optimize our various corporate risks, including assessments of foreign currency, credit, operational, and liquidity exposure.
- Design fully automated systems that capture our 25+ countries, 130+ currencies, and thousands of users.
- Develop Key Risk Indicators (KRI’s), ensuring that we monitor and mitigate the financial impact of our risks.
- Ensure that our financial risk management is appropriate for the scale and complexity of our business.
- Facilitate the determination of the company’s risk appetite, tolerances, and limits.
- Analyze new business opportunities to assess their risk profile and inform our strategy and pricing.
- Work with our Finance, Risk, and Engineering teams to have a company-wide assessment.
- Work with Product and Sales teams to help shape our performance and share insights on strategy.
- Develop and implement risk management policies, procedures, and controls.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- PhD or Masters Degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. statistics, mathematics).
- 6+ years of relevant experience in designing quantitative models to assess corporate financial risks.
- A demonstrated ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects with a high attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of financial industry models (e.g. Value-at-Risk, options pricing, liquidity stress testing).
- Strong working knowledge of SQL, R, Python, Matlab, C++, or equivalent.
- The ability to work with extremely large data sets.
- A deep understanding of financial risks and controls.
- An inclination to solve problems systemically via infrastructure and automation.
- Flexibility with changing requirements in an evolving and fast-paced environment.
- Comfort working with both engineers and non-technical partners across Stripe.
- Solid business acumen and experience in synthesizing complex analyses into interpretable content.
- Strong communication skills and a track record of building and leveraging cross-functional relationships.
- A builder’s mindset with a willingness to question assumptions and conventional wisdom.
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.