Financial Partnerships, Japan Tokyo
Stripe makes it easy for any developer to access and manage the capabilities of the financial system including global payments, banking, and other innovative financial services. The Financial Partnerships organization is responsible for the strategy, partnerships, and overall execution required to offer these capabilities globally.
Stripe is live in 25 markets today and we’re rapidly expanding around the globe. We’re looking for someone to join the Financial Partnerships team to work on Stripe’s expansion in APAC.
This role is based in Tokyo, and will require monthly travel to meet with partners in the APAC region and frequent travel to our headquarters San Francisco.
- Drive long-term, strategic initiatives and projects that involve our financial partners.
- Build and manage partnerships that enable Stripe to launch in additional countries throughout APAC
- Help us deepen our product stack in current markets by working closely with our partners and develop new partnerships to support additional payment methods.
- Define the operational strategy that will enable Stripe’s long-term success in the region
- Work closely with our SF-based teams to develop the product required to deliver a world-class Stripe experience to the local market
- Communicate a deep understanding of Stripe’s partners across the company.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has 4+ years of experience in payments.
- Has a strong background in negotiating deals and can adopt their style across different cultures.
- Is resourceful, action-oriented with strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Is able to prioritize competing demands while working on complex problems.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and drive towards an optimal outcome.
- Fluency in Japanese and excellent communication skills in English. Bahasa or Mandarin (written and spoken) in addition is a strong plus
We look forward to hearing from you.