Financial Partnerships, Industry Relations and Policy London
Stripe makes it easy for any developer to access and manage the capabilities of the financial system including global payments, banking, and other innovative financial services. The Financial Partnerships organization is responsible for the strategy, partnerships, and overall execution required to offer these capabilities globally.
We’re looking for someone to join the European based Financial Partnerships organisation to work on Stripe’s Industry Relations and Policy team focused on issues that impact Europe. You will work closely with the Financial Partnerships managers and organisation to develop Stripe’s industry relationships and strategy and work with the Payments Operations team to operationalize this.
- Define our plan for compliance with the European wide and national rules, and be our subject matter expert for interpreting the rules, payment regulation and bank requirements across all aspects of our business
- Drive to a working strategy on rule changes, such as Strong Customer Authentication (SCA),and other industry wide initiatives to ensure our product is best in class and the most frictionless for consumers
- Meet with industry and regulatory bodies and groups and both gather information from those bodies as well as influence the industry on its approach, and to uplevel Stripe as a thought leader to open doors for future influence
- In concert with our product, regulatory and public policy teams provide the industry expertise on payment regulations and develop our internal point of view, respond to requests for information from regulatory bodies to influence change, and identify opportunities and product changes needed to comply with those changes
- Work closely with Partner Managers to proactively work with each scheme and banking partner to influence their thoughts on our user domain and up level their understanding of Stripe
- Work with the User Policy, Risk and Financial Crimes teams and give perspective on the state of the industry and partners asks to inform user supportability decisions and policies
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has at least 4 years of experience working in the Payments, Banking and Technology field, with an good understanding of the Payments industry,
- Can challenge industry norms, with out-of-the-box thinking, and a solid grounding in creating innovative solutions.
- Is resourceful, action-oriented with strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Has a solid background in developing complex points of view and negotiation strategies and can adapt their style across different business cultures
- Has the ability to manage multiple stakeholders and drive towards an optimal outcome
- Willing to travel as necessary to our HQ in SF as well as across Europe where necessary
- Business level proficiency in languages in addition to English a plus
You should include these in your application:
- A link to relevant online profiles (e.g. LinkedIn) and your resume.
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.#LI-FB1
We look forward to hearing from you.