Financial Partnerships Counsel San Francisco
Help us scale our financial partnerships legal team!
The legal team at Stripe is looking for an experienced financial services lawyer to join our team in San Francisco, CA. As financial partnerships counsel at Stripe, you will help develop the relationships with banks and other financial institutions that will be key to building Stripe’s growing global infrastructure.
In this role you will:
- Serve as primary counsel on Stripe’s transactions with payment and card networks, domestic and international bank and non-bank financial partners;
- Work closely with Stripe’s payments, new markets and compliance teams to structure and negotiate agreements with partners and to manage existing relationships.
- Coordinate with compliance, operations, sales, new markets and other teams at Stripe to ensure that the deals we enter will support Stripe’s current and future product development.
- Manage outside counsel across multiple jurisdictions to ensure timely and knowledgable support of critical deals.
You may be a good fit for this role if you:
- Are a great deal lawyer–willing and able to roll up your sleeves and get into the details of major deals;
- Have worked in, or closely with, one or more technology companies to structure complex financial services relationships;
- Have experience doing international deals and working across cultures; willing to travel as needed in support of deal negotiations;
- Love technology and are a quick study on new things;
- Are admitted to practice law in one or more US states (California preferred);
- Are a great communicator and solid project manager, able to effectively prioritize and advance a large number of deals happening simultaneously, often on tight deadlines.
- At least 4+ years of experience working on card network, payments or related products at a major financial institution;
- Solid understanding of payment network rules and other financial services regulatory issues;
- At least 3+ years in contract drafting, negotiation and deal management for larger business transactions;
- Extreme organization skills.
- Resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.