Financial Operations Accountant San Francisco
Help scale our finance infrastructure globally!
Stripe is building a world class finance team. Our finance team is responsible for shaping our understanding of how Stripe is performing as a business, as well as what our best opportunities are for continued growth. We’re looking for a financial operations accountant to join our fast growing team and help us build our financial reporting processes, work with business partners, financial partners and our world-class engineers. You will help us develop amazing accounting flows and help track our progress within a fast-paced environment that’s growing globally.
- Build scalable accounting processes to support global growth in payment processing accounting specifically related to processing costs, settlement receivables, inter-company and foreign exchange.
- Develop and own the monthly close process for related financial statement line items; prepare month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, supporting schedules, analysis and close deck preparation.
- Partner with our Financial Strategy and Analysis team to support forecasting and budget to actuals analysis.
- Partner with treasury engineering team to support build out of internal financial systems and automation.
- Assist with technical accounting issues, including the preparation of key accounting memos.
- Participate in coordinating the planning and execution of annual consolidated audits, as well as statutory audits with external auditors.
- Partner with the Finance, Legal, Tax, Treasury and Engineering teams to build out financial infrastructure.
- Draft and maintain accounting policies and procedures.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience, with a degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA or MBA strongly preferred).
- Public accounting (Big 4 preferred) and/or private industry experience.
- Proven experience in areas such as revenue accounting.
- Fluency with U.S. GAAP and the ability to research complex transactions.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and accounting systems.
- Ability to partner cross-functionally across Stripe.
- Good understanding of both financial and operational controls.
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment.
Nice to haves:
- SQL experience
- Knowledge of (or experience in) the payments industry.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.