Financial Infrastructure Operations San Francisco Seattle
Payments are Stripe’s core business: our Financial Infrastructure teams are responsible for processing and moving funds at large scale and with high accuracy. Within Financial Infrastructure, the Reconciliation team builds systems to trace all transactions from cardholder authorization to bank deposit for more than 30 currencies and dozens of countries. Stripe holds itself to a very high operational bar; your focus will be to improve the reconciliation accuracy and raise the bar even higher.
Financial Infrastructure Operations:
- Be our first operations hire fully embedded into an engineering team, dedicated to improving the accuracy of reconciliation and supporting the reconciliation engineering team as Stripe scales to more countries and more currencies.
- Collaborate across the company, including engineering, accounting, financial partnerships and product, to trace and account for billions of dollars moving through the Stripe platform.
- Interface with Stripe’s external partners across the world to drive alignment between their products and how Stripe uses them, and hold Stripe’s partners accountable to resolve day-to-day operational breakages.
- Design future anomaly detection systems to ensure that data flowing through our partners, users, and Stripe’s own systems is reliable and correct.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- At least 1-3 years experience working with complex database systems and a working knowledge of SQL.
- Experience managing multiple, concurrent work streams, identifying and triaging technical issues and driving them to conclusion.
- Interest in a detail-oriented role residing in the nuanced complexity of financial systems and find solving technical, complex challenges appealing.
- Desire to operate at the nexus of engineering, business, and product.
- Willingness to operate independently, and are comfortable with the ambiguity that comes with being the first hire into a newly-formed role.
We look forward to hearing from you.