Financial Crimes Product Analyst San Francisco
Come help build the tools and systems required to prevent the use of Stripe for financial crimes like money laundering and terror financing!
We are looking for an aspiring regulatory professional to join our Financial Crimes team based in San Francisco. Joining our Growth sub-team, youll help design and maintain the tools and systems required for regulatory analysts to investigate money laundering and prevent the use of Stripe for sanctioned activity and other financial crimes. Youll also work with Stripe product teams to ensure that Stripe expands its business in compliance with financial partner and regulatory obligations around the world.
Stripe is a technology company that operates within the financial services industry, and you will need to be comfortable straddling both of those worlds every day. The right person for this role will enjoy working in the intersection of an emerging sector, seeking creative solutions to traditional problems, introducing technically driven solutions while moving with urgency and focus.
- Manage end-to-end projects to design improvements to existing tools for analysts on the Financial Crimes team to investigate and prevent money laundering, terrorist financing, and other illegal activity.
- Work with other Financial Crimes team members to translate regulatory requirements into digestible project scoping documents for review and implementation by our engineering, product, and other cross-functional stakeholders.
- Embed with product teams at Stripe to represent Financial Crimes interests as Stripes global business expands.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders, including product teams, Legal, and internal engineering functions.
- 3-5 years of work experience.
- The ability to identify and define problems, build project plans to address them, and manage implementation of their solutions.
- An ambitious sense of curiosity and a willingness to explore areas outside of your comfort zone, like new markets or new product types.
- The ability to work efficiently and independently in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment, with the discernibility to escalate urgent issues when necessary.
- Experience managing projects of a cross-functional and/or technically complex nature.
- Respect for and interest in financial rules and regulations, as well as an eagerness to innovate in the spirit of those restrictions.
Nice to haves:
- CAMS or equivalent certification.
- Financial compliance, regulatory, or legal experience.
- Experience working with engineering and/or technical teams.
- SQL or Excel skills.
- Resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.