Financial Crimes Oversight San Francisco
We are looking for an experienced professional to join our Financial Crimes team based in San Francisco. Starting our oversight sub-team, you’ll build a robust quality assurance / control framework, develop and lead a program for management and oversight of audits by financial partners and regulators, and identify control weaknesses and areas for improvement.
Stripe is a technology company that operates within the financial services industry, and you will need to be comfortable straddling both of those worlds every day. The right person for this role will enjoy working in the intersection an emerging sector, seeking creative solutions to traditional problems, introducing technically driven solutions internally and externally while moving with urgency and focus.
- Lead response to complex audits of Stripe’s compliance with a variety of legal and contractual obligations, including: anti-money laundering (AML) / counter-terrorist financing (CTF), sanctions, and card network / acquiring rules (Visa, Mastercard, Amex).
- Oversee and execute end-to-end internal response to partner audits, including reviewing audit requests, advising internal stakeholders, and establishing a tracking and communication process for information requested by partners.
- Oversee Stripe’s preparation for partner on-sites or interactions related to the audit.
- Support resolution of identified issues and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders, including Financial Partnerships and internal engineering functions.
- Engage and project manage work by third-party consulting firms, including assessments on or benchmarking of Stripe’s AML / CTF and sanctions program.
- Develop quality control / quality assurance frameworks; perform testing on Financial Crimes processes and procedures.
- Expertise in second or third line of defense functions, with specific focus on risk, compliance, and banking.
- Experience managing high-visibility projects and communicating progress to senior audiences.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities.
- The ability to work efficiently and independently in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment.
- The ability to demonstrate appropriate caution, rigor, and professionalism in speaking on behalf of the Financial Crimes team and Stripe in high-pressure situations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced understanding of financial crimes landscape and industry trends, with an ability to articulate and defend your institution’s position.
Nice to haves:
- Comfortable working with executive leadership, regulators, or other senior decision-makers.
- SQL or Excel skills.
- Experience working at a fintech or payments company .
- Resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.