Financial Crimes Manager - Seattle Seattle
Help us build our Financial Crimes team!
We are looking for an experienced manager to build our Financial Crimes Team based in Seattle. In this role, you’ll manage a wide variety of anti-money laundering (AML) and regulatory compliance operational matters supporting Stripe’s rapidly growing business. You’ll also be responsible for helping grow a world-class Financial Crimes Team, working with Financial Crimes management.
Stripe is both a technology company and a financial services company, and you will need to be comfortable straddling both of those worlds every day. The right person for the role will enjoy dealing with that puzzle, seeking creative solutions and moving quickly, often in the face of ambiguity.
- Oversee a variety of reviews of Stripe merchant accounts, including but not limited to: Investigations for potential Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) filing, Know-Your-Customer (KYC) reviews, and Politically-exposed Person (PEP) reviews
- Support Stripe’s Compliance Officers and management with the ongoing build and operation of all aspects of the company’s global Financial Crimes program
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures related to effective management of the Intelligence program, including iterating on existing procedures
- Maintain updated knowledge on relevant BSA / AML regulations and upcoming regulatory changes
- Assist as needed with all account review types, as well as serve as an escalation point for more junior team members
- Develop metrics and forecasting around review load, team member efficiency and productivity
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including sales and engineering teams, financial partners and regulators, and Stripe users
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and growth opportunities for team members in your organization
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Expertise in AML and regulatory compliance
- 6+ years of experience in a compliance operations or operations management role
- 2+ years of people management experience
- A “do it all” mentality and comfort handling a vast array of operational processes
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders
- Excel or SQL abilities
Nice to haves:
- Payments or fintech experience
- Familiarity with MacOS and Google products
- CAMS or CFE certification
You should include these in your application:
- Resume and LinkedIn profile
We look forward to hearing from you.