Financial Crimes Issuing Program Lead Seattle
Help us grow our Financial Crimes team!
We are looking for an aspiring Program Lead to join our Financial Crimes team based in Seattle. In this role, you’ll build and maintain the program, policies, and tools required to support Stripe’s Issuing product from an anti-money laundering (AML) and regulatory compliance perspective. You’ll work closely with product, engineering, and legal teams to ensure that Stripe’s Issuing program and infrastructure is in compliance with financial partner and regulatory obligations.
Stripe is a technology company that operates within the financial services industry, and you will need to be comfortable straddling both of those worlds every day. The right person for this role will enjoy working in the intersection of an emerging sector, seeking creative solutions to traditional problems, introducing technically driven solutions while moving with urgency and focus.
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, and Legal teams to design and expand Stripe’s Issuing product in a way that both delights users and meets relevant AML and consumer compliance obligations.
- Design and implement operational workflows, including tooling and monitoring, to ensure compliance with relevant AML regulations.
- Operationalize regulatory compliance program, including, but not limited to compliance with the Truth In Lending Act (TILA), Electronic Funds Transfer Act (EFTA); Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA); and Unfair, Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP).
- Support Financial Crimes team in defining and maintaining relevant policies and procedures, documentation solutions, and designing initiatives related to Issuing.
- Ensure relevant requirements are socialized effectively to stakeholders in Stripe’s Legal, Product, Engineering, and Marketing teams.
- 3-5 years of work experience working in AML and consumer compliance. Experience working with consumer programs subject to TILA, FCRA, CFPB, AML/BSA OFAC sanctions, UDAAP.
- The ability to identify and define problems, build project plans to address them, and manage implementation of their solutions.
- The ability to effectively communicate across various lines of business and to management.
- An ambitious sense of curiosity and a willingness to explore areas outside of your comfort zone, like new markets or new product types.
- The ability to work efficiently and independently in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment, with the discernibility to escalate urgent issues when necessary.
- Experience managing projects of a cross-functional and/or technically complex nature.
- Respect for and interest in financial rules and regulations, as well as an eagerness to innovate in the spirit of those restrictions.
Nice to haves:
- CAMS, CRCM, or equivalent certification.
- Financial compliance, operational, regulatory, or legal experience..
- Experience working with engineering and/or technical teams.
- SQL or Excel skills.
- Resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.