Financial Crimes Intelligence Analyst Seattle
Super sleuths protecting Stripe and promoting responsible growth!
We are looking for an analyst to join our Financial Crimes Team based in Seattle. In this role, you’ll handle a wide variety of anti-money laundering (AML), counter-terrorist financing (CTF), sanctions, and other financial crimes and regulatory compliance work in support of Stripe’s growing business.
Stripe is both a technology company and a financial services company, and you will need to be comfortable straddling both of those worlds every day. The right person for the role will enjoy dealing with that puzzle, seeking creative solutions and moving quickly, often in the face of ambiguity.
- Decision a variety of reviews, focusing on escalations from vendor teams and more complex investigations, including but not limited to:
- Investigations into potential financial crime and Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) filing
- Know-Your-Customer (KYC) reviews and Customer Due Diligence (CDD) reviews
- OFAC SDN and other sanctions-related reviews
- Politically-exposed Person (PEP) reviews
- Meet deadlines without prompting
- Adhere to protocol, but strive for ongoing improvement to all processes
- Effectively and clearly communicate, including with Stripe’s users
- Manage inbound questions from both internal and external stakeholders via multiple channels, including email and chat
- Support more senior team members with responses to regulators and financial partners
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years experience in financial crimes, including AML, risk / fraud, research, or a related field
- Strong research and investigation skills
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information such as transaction data and identify key trends
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders
Nice to haves:
- Financial Crimes or payments experience
- Excel or SQL abilities
- Familiarity with MacOS and Google products
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile
We look forward to hearing from you.