Financial Crimes Intelligence Analyst San Francisco
Super sleuths protecting Stripe and promoting responsible growth!
We are looking for an analyst to join our Financial Crimes Team based in San Francisco. In this role, you’ll handle a wide variety of anti-money laundering (AML) and regulatory compliance operational matters supporting Stripe’s growing business.
Stripe is both a technology company and a financial services company, and you will need to be comfortable straddling both of those worlds every day. The right person for the role will enjoy dealing with that puzzle, seeking creative solutions and moving quickly, often in the face of ambiguity.
Decision a variety of reviews, focusing on escalations from vendor teams and more complex investigations, including but not limited to:
- Know-Your-Customer (KYC) reviews and Customer Due Diligence (CDD) reviews
- OFAC SDN and other sanctions-related reviews
- Investigations into potential financial crime and Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) filing
- Politically-exposed Person (PEP) reviews
- Meet deadlines without prompting.
- Adhere to protocol, but strive for ongoing improvement to all processes.
- Effectively and clearly communicate, including with Stripe’s users.
- Manage inbound questions from both internal and external stakeholders via multiple channels, including email and chat.
- Support more senior team members with prepping metrics, and with requests from regulators and financial partners.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years experience in financial crimes, including AML, risk / fraud, research, or a related field.
- Strong research and investigation skills.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information, including transaction data.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders.
Nice to haves:
- Financial Crimes or payments experience.
- Excel or SQL abilities.
- Familiarity with MacOS and Google products.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.