Financial Crimes Analyst (Fixed Term Employee) San Francisco
Help our Financial Crimes team at Stripe!
We are looking for an analyst to join our Financial Crimes Team based in San Francisco. In this role, you’ll handle a variety of regulatory compliance operational matters supporting Stripe’s growing business.
Stripe is both a technology company and a financial services company, and you will need to be comfortable straddling both of those worlds every day. The right person for the role will enjoy dealing with that puzzle, seeking creative solutions and moving quickly, often in the face of ambiguity.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a Fixed Term Employee role for 6-8 months.
- Conduct OFAC and BIS sanctions screening (“watchlist”) reviews, manually reviewing Stripe merchant accounts as part of Stripe’s sanctions program. You will review results of this screening and work with other Financial Crimes team members to escalate cases where necessary. After a spin up period, you will complete daily at least 200 watchlist reviews or the entirety of watchlist reviews available that day, whichever number is lower.
- Manage incoming communication from both internal and external stakeholders via multiple channels, including email, chat and CRM
- Assist the Financial Crimes team in developing tooling, training, documentation and quality control mechanisms for the sanctions screening program
- Participate in other administrative and organizational tasks for the Financial Crimes team
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years of experience working in a sanctions screening and reporting role at a financial institution
- Strong industry knowledge of sanctions regulatory requirements
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- A mind for detail - you are detail oriented and have the patience to dive into a high volume of reviews with strict turnaround times
- Strong analytical skills, proven ability to execute processes, and a flexible approach to problem-solving.
- Effective interpersonal, teamwork and organizational skills.
Nice to haves:
- CAMS certification
- Technical curiosity and an interest in evolving sanctions and regulatory compliance trends
- Please include resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.