Financial Crimes - Sr. User Analyst San Francisco
Super sleuths protecting Stripe and promoting responsible growth!
We are looking for a senior analyst to join our Financial Crimes based in San Francisco. In this role, you’ll provide consultancy to both users and the business on Stripe’s anti-money laundering (AML) program. This includes fielding inbound inquiries from our User Operations and Sales functions, handling enhanced due diligence investigations and customer remediations, and overseeing the Compliance Team’s user-facing infrastructure and communications.
Stripe is both a technology company and a financial services company, and you will need to be comfortable straddling both of those worlds every day. The right person for the role will enjoy dealing with that puzzle, seeking creative solutions and moving quickly, often in the face of ambiguity.
- Provide AML subject matter expertise in support of large deals and inbound leads, including handling enhanced due diligence (EDD) reviews for new and / or high-risk businesses and partnerships
- Create policies and procedures around the Financial Crime Team’s support for Stripe’s users, including defining SLAs and developing relationships with Sales and User Operations functions
- Oversee and help draft any user-facing communication from Stripe’s Global Financial Crimes Team
- Work collaboratively with other Financial Crimes Team stakeholders to provide guidance and feedback on user-facing product changes or new market initiatives
- Perform targeted remediations, where necessary, on users where instances of non-compliance are identified
- Serve as point of escalation for review of Atlas applicants
- Support Financial Crimes management on partner due diligence requests
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years experience in financial crimes compliance
- Experience in presenting recommendations to internal and external stakeholders, and demonstrated success in achieving buy-in on steps forward
- The ability to build processes and frameworks in support compliance needs of large user portfolio
- The ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- The ability to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders
Nice to haves:
- Payments experience
- Prior experience in consultancy, business, or user-facing roles
- Excel or SQL abilities
- Familiarity with MacOS and Google products
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile
We look forward to hearing from you.