Financial Crimes - Sr. Product & Expansion Analyst San Francisco
We are looking for an experienced professional to join our Financial Crimes Team based in San Francisco. As a Senior Analyst, youll project manage initiatives across Stripes various products and international markets and work with engineering teams to build infrastructure to support Stripes growing business and the Financial Crimes Team.
Stripe is both a technology company and a financial services company, and you will need to be comfortable straddling both of those worlds every day. The right person for this role will enjoy working in the intersection of those worlds, seeking creative solutions to traditional problems and moving with urgency and focus.
- Provide expert project management skills for a variety of Financial Crimes initiatives, both for projects internal to the team and with cross-functional implications.
- Manage relationships and communication with cross-functional partners and stakeholders, including Financial Crimes management, Sales, New Markets, and Engineering, to ensure
compliancerequirements are incorporated into product and expansion plans
- Identify infrastructure and tooling needs to avoid operational pain points as Stripe continues its product and market expansion.
- Work with other Financial Crimes Team members to translate regulatory requirements into digestible project briefs for review and implementation by engineering and other cross-functional stakeholders
- Closely collaborate with engineering and product teams for the entirety of the project lifecycle
- Take an iterative approach to solving problems, focusing both on short-term needs and long-term strategy
- An analytical and metrics-driven approach in developing solutions and recommendations
- The ability to identify and define problems, build project plans to address them, and manage implementation of their solutions
- SQL and Excel skills (advanced beginner to intermediate, plus a desire to learn)
- A proven track record of success in working with engineering and product teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to ingest, synthesize, and translate technical documentation for Legal and Financial Crimes stakeholders
- The ability to ingest, synthesize, and explain the need for satisfying AML/CTF requirements to stakeholders in Product and Global Engineering
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities
- The ability to work efficiently and independently in an ambiguous, fast-paced, high-volume environment
- The ability to work cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders
Nice to haves:
- Experience in financial crimes, AML, risk / fraud, or a related field
- Experience in fintech or financial services firm a plus
We look forward to hearing from you.