Financial Crimes - Sr. Analyst San Francisco
Super sleuths protecting Stripe and promoting responsible growth!
We are looking for a senior analyst to join our Financial Crimes Team based in San Francisco. In this role, you’ll handle a wide variety of anti-money laundering (AML) and regulatory compliance operational matters supporting Stripe’s growing business.
Stripe is both a technology company and a financial services company, and you will need to be comfortable straddling both of those worlds every day. The right person for the role will enjoy dealing with that puzzle, seeking creative solutions and moving quickly, often in the face of ambiguity.
- Decision a variety of reviews, focusing on complex AML investigations and other regulatory compliance reports.
- Perform many secondary reviews (i.e., review, provide feedback and confirm determination) of AML investigations that are raised to you by junior analysts.
- Determine operational pain points and optimize team-wide processes and procedures based on best practices and subject matter expertise.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of BSA regulations / FinCEN guidelines, industry concepts, and current money laundering trends and schemes, as well as the ability to apply them to Stripe.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of relevant Stripe systems and products.
- Further refine the development and implementation of key operational performance metrics and reports for management.
- Provide mentorship for more junior analysts, to include conducting quality control checks.
- Provide consultancy on AML compliance-related matters for internal and external partners.
- Support Financial Crimes Team management on regulatory initiatives.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years experience in financial crimes compliance.
- Strong research, investigation and writing skills, including experience with anti-money laundering investigations.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying trends and typologies across datasets to advance AML Compliance Program.
- The ability to identify program gaps and areas for improvement and effectively triage and manage these issues to resolution.
- The ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- The ability to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders.
Nice to haves:
- Payments experience.
- Excel or SQL abilities.
- Familiarity with MacOS and Google products.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to hearing from you.