Engineering Manager, Site San Francisco
Build beautiful and effective lead gen for our future customers
Stripe is building an engineering team to focus on the stripe.com website. Our website is the product for folks who aren’t our customers yet. Right now this is a team of one but there’s a lot of growth ahead with respect to both team size and scope as well as technical sophistication. The team will focus on the tooling behind the site (localization, content management, analytics, etc) as well as play some role in actual product launches and site content.
We’re looking for a manager to lead this team to take our company website to the next level.
You will work on:
The Site team has a wide range of scope and is responsible for the engineering behind:
- Telling the Stripe story.
- Shipping product launch materials.
- Running the technology behind marketing and growth initiatives.
- Bolstering our user community.
- Recruiting materials and more…
We’re looking for someone with:
- You’ve managed teams that designed and shipped world class marketing pages
- Have managed teams shipping public facing websites
- Have experience in the advertising or lead generation space
- Embrace a detail oriented workflow involving close collaboration with design
- You’ve successfully recruited great teammates
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- You are excited about collaborating with teammates across Stripe’s organization
Please include in your application a few words on:
- How you think about scaling and expediting our marketing and growth initiatives
- Why you’re passionate about being an engineering manager at Stripe in particular
- The team you’re most proud of supporting, and your role in helping it succeed
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.#LI-RJ1
We look forward to hearing from you.