Engineering Manager, Sigma Infrastructure Seattle
Stripe sits at the heart of our merchant’s financial operations, these operations generate copious amounts of data that merchants need to analyze, summarize and report on.
At Stripe, we built Sigma to help businesses quickly gain access to and analyze the data they create on the Stripe platform. Sigma has evolved from a web based query tool to a holistic data platform used by several products at Stripe.
We’re now looking to bifurcate the Sigma team into a larger infrastructure team and smaller product team. The infrastructure team will sit at the center of Stripe’s data strategy.
Many engineering teams at Stripe work to load data into Sigma and use it as a central source of truth to power dashboards, reports and insights. As the Stripe platform continues to expand its capabilities, the permutations of data insights Stripe can provide are rapidly increasing, and as such are becoming a critical component of business operations for our users.
Over the next several years our ability to make the Sigma infrastructure faster, easier to use and more scalable will play a major role in the company’s future success.
We’re looking for a manager to lead this team over challenging and rewarding technical hurdles that combine the twin goal operating data systems at massive scale with requirements regarding customization and timeliness of data.
- Work with engineers, product managers and other leaders at Stripe to understand business problems that Sigma Infra can help with and ensure the team’s roadmap supports them
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical quality, reliability, and ease-of-use
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and work effectively with the rest of Stripe
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
- Be attuned to the broader technological ecosystem beyond Stripe to understand how we can use or contribute to it
You may be a fit if:
- You’ve managed teams that shipped and operated critical infrastructure
- You have a strong data pipeline/big data background
- You’ve successfully recruited great teammates
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- You’re clear and persuasive in writing and in person
- You are excited about collaborating with teammates across engineering and product
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.#LI-AH1
We look forward to hearing from you.