Engineering Manager, Security Infrastructure San Francisco
Help secure Stripe, our users, and the internet.
As an Infrastructure Engineer on the Security team, your work is not only impactful; it is critical to the long-term success of Stripe and Stripe’s users. Our users trust us with some of their most sensitive information, and we make security a first-class consideration in everything we do.
Security Infrastructure Engineers are responsible for the architecture and development of frameworks, systems, and solutions to address current and future threats. The security concerns are ever-evolving, making the security team an extremely dynamic environment to work in. We’re looking for experienced engineering managers to join us and lead Stripe engineers in securing the payments infrastructure of the internet.
- Work with other Stripe leaders to design the ways Stripe’s core infrastructure operates
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
- Make impactful decisions about systems and security — their edge cases, failure modes, and lifecycles
- Architect and build out solutions and frameworks that address current and future threats to Stripe’s infrastructure
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes that you and your team may encounter
You may be a good fit if:
- You’ve managed teams that designed and operated critical infrastructure, particularly with experience in observability and/or cost accounting
- You know how to balance the reliability, usability, compliance and cost of critical systems
- You are deeply technical, but prefer to lean on your leadership skills
- You’re comfortable planning in quarters, and also have experience planning in years
- You’ve successfully recruited great people to your teams
- You are able to drive execution of high impact work while incorporating feedback from multiple sources.
- You are excited about collaborating with teammates across Stripe’s organization
- You’re an experienced engineering manager who has mentored other engineering managers and leaders
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups. We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.#LI-CW1
We look forward to hearing from you.