Engineering Manager, Reporting and Data Seattle
Lead the teams that ship the core of Stripe’s data product strategy
The Finance, Reporting and Data group is responsible for Stripe’s financial reporting products, third party data integrations and Sigma: Stripe’s analytics tool. You would be managing teams across both the Seattle and San Francisco offices with a large focus of your role on growing our Seattle presence.
This is an especially exciting role for anyone who wants a diverse set of opportunities to tackle: A mix of technical infrastructure challenges as well as delivering polished customer experiences, API and UI products, shipping things directly to customers and working with partners.
If we are successful in our mission, we will radically change the way that finance teams work, the way companies understand their own performance, and the way business data moves between platforms.
- Work with Stripe leadership to define plans for Stripe’s data oriented infrastructure and products
- Build a diverse and inclusive work environment to ensure all Stripes feel welcome
- Manage multiple engineering managers and help them scale their engineering teams
- Develop engineers and engineering managers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Establish norms and processes to ensure a unified, high quality user experience for merchants across data and reporting focused APIs, UIs and partner integrations
- Recruit great engineers and engineering managers, in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team to grow the team
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
- Create products for businesses that grow and scale with them as they evolve from two people in a garage to growth stage and beyond into the Fortune 50
- Meet with customers and help them understand our technical capabilities and help us learn about their needs
This is an exciting opportunity for a leader who loves to focus on:
- Making jobs that people working at our customer companies do every day easier and faster
- Obsessing over user experience
- Managing the substantial complexity that emerges from handling data at scale
- Building close relationships with infrastructure, product, design and customer facing teams
You may be a good fit if at least a few of the following are true:
- You have experience working with complex or large scale data systems
- You’re passionate about building relationships with a wide range of users and able to synthesize their needs into a thoughtful product approach
- You’re technically proficient, but prefer to lean on your leadership skills to nurture teams and build great products
- You’ve worked with geographically distributed teams
- You’re clear and influential in writing and in person
- You are excited about collaborating with teammates across Stripe’s organization, and by the prospect of shipping new infrastructure and tooling that impacts how the majority of Stripe product engineers write code
- You have experience hiring, coaching and mentoring engineering managers
- What’s it like to work at Stripe?
What it’s like to work at Stripe
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.#LI-AH1
We look forward to hearing from you.