Engineering Manager, Privacy Products Dublin
The Privacy Products team builds APIs, Customer Experiences, and Services to make it easy for Stripe’s Merchants to manage Stripe data in way that aligns with their privacy guidelines and regulatory requirements.
The Privacy Products team provides the products for our Merchants to manage their Stripe data. With the ever-growing adoption of Stripe, it’s even more important that our merchants trust us to handle their data. Our Privacy Products team builds customer-facing products that create the experiences Stripe’s merchant use to securely and scalably meet their Privacy needs in complex regulatory environments. They are challenged daily with creating great user experiences on top of best in class data privacy.
We’re looking for an experienced manager to lead this team and help advance the state-of-the-art in Privacy.
- Work with engineering, user ops, security, legal and product leaders at Stripe to guide our approach to Privacy from a technical, product, and operational perspective
- Build product experience that improve defensive systems limiting the amount of data collected
- Manage team processes including escalations & on call for the engineering team.
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical productivity and quality
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and interface effectively with the rest of Stripe
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
You may be a fit if:
- You are diligent about data access and the privacy of customers data.
- You’ve managed teams that shipped and operated critical infrastructure
- You are experienced with integrating external APIs and building internal APIs
- You’ve successfully recruited great teammates
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- You are excited about collaborating with teammates across Stripe’s organization, including Product, Security, and User Ops
- You have at least a couple years of engineering management experience
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here#LI-CL2
We look forward to hearing from you.