Engineering Manager, Payments Dashboard San Francisco
Build dashboard products to make help our users understand the state of their current integration with Stripe
Stripe builds great tools and user experiences for running an online business. The Stripe Dashboard is the interface through which hundreds of thousands of businesses manage billions of dollars in revenue. The Payments Dashboard team is responsible for building out the features that improve our users’ day-to-day operations & interactions with Stripe’s payment capabilities in support of their business needs.
We’re looking for an engineering manager to lead and shape this team, and continue to evolve the Dashboard into one of the most loved and useful pieces of software that its users use day-to-day.
- Own products built to enhance the Stripe users’ ability to readily manage their business online
- Work with your team, product and design to build new customer-facing products, and improve upon existing ones
- Empower the engineering team to achieve a high level of technical productivity and quality
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Recruit engineers that are amongst the best in the industry, from outreach through close
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as part of the engineering management team
You may be a good fit if:
- You are experienced with building frontend user interfaces, and/or have architected large, single page web applications with many contributors
- You have an eye for great products and can work with product engineers, product managers, and designers to effectively deliver them
- You’ve collaborated closely with product, marketing, and design teams to launch new products and to iterate on existing ones.
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- You have managed engineering teams that have a strong record of shipping
- You’ve successfully recruited great teammates
- You’re excited about building up a new team within Stripe
- You have 2+ years of engineering management experience
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.#LI-CW1
We look forward to hearing from you.