Engineering Manager, Invoicing San Francisco
Stripe Billing is a robust set of building blocks for modeling a business online. Our merchants use our subscriptions, payment, and invoicing tools to creatively structure business models in any way imaginable. The opportunity for invoicing in particular at Stripe is huge: our goal is to have merchants be able to issue invoices to customers anywhere in the world, payable by any mechanism Stripe supports, reconcilable into any accounting system.
As the Engineering Manager on the Invoicing Platform, you will lead a product that helps all Stripe users grow their businesses quickly. Invoicing is a core part of doing business on the internet and is used by Stripe’s entire user base; whether it’s small companies looking to charge suppliers or larger companies selling to enterprises.
We’re looking for a manager to lead this fast moving team in delivering a critical component for our merchants’ finance and engineering teams. It’s a unique opportunity to build both API-based and workflow-oriented products in one of Stripe’s most strategic product areas.
- Develop engineers on the team and help them advance in their careers.
- Recruit engineers that are amongst the best in the industry, from outreach through close.
- Manage the processes necessary to operate the team effectively.
- Work directly with customers to develop an invoicing product that is easy to use but flexible enough to support a wide array of payment mechanisms, compliance standards, locations and business use cases.
- Contribute to company-wide engineering initiatives as part of Stripe’s engineering management team.
- Support the engineering and product teams in achieving a high level of technical quality, reliability, and ease-of-use.
You may be a good fit if:
- You are organized and naturally prioritize tasks for the good of the product and team.
- You have an eye for great products and can work effectively with engineers, product managers, and designers to build them.
- You have empathy for the problems that businesses small and large face in their day-to-day operations, and a desire to solve those problems.
- You have managed engineering teams that have a strong record of shipping.
- You put a strong emphasis on recruiting and developing your team.
- You can work on a highly visible product and have a high bar for design, usability, and accessibility.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world. Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups. We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.#LI-CG1
We look forward to hearing from you.