Engineering Manager, Financial Intelligence San Francisco
Scale and optimize Stripe’s payment processing infrastructure
Stripe abstracts away the complexities of payments for our users. The Financial Intelligence group enables Stripe to offer a diverse collection of complex financial products while protecting itself, its users and their customers, financial partners, and the integrity of the financial system as a whole. We work with other teams at Stripe to enable seamless and fast user onboarding, to understand the identity of all the people who use Stripe, and identify financial and regulatory risks the company is exposed to.
We’re looking for an experienced manager to lead this group and help Stripe build the most effective Financial Intelligence team in the world.
- Work with other leaders at Stripe to design and execute our approach to Financial Intelligence and Identity from a technical, product, and operational perspective.
- Be responsible for losses and regulatory compliance; set the design and vision for our approach to risk across our global financial system.
- Support the engineering teams in achieving a high level of technical productivity and quality.
- Manage processes to help the group do its best work and interface effectively with the rest of Stripe.
- Recruit great engineers and engineering managers, in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team.
- Develop engineers and engineering managers on the team, helping them advance in their careers.
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team.
You may be a good fit if:
- You’ve managed teams that shipped and operated critical infrastructure.
- You are deeply technical, and leverage your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar.
- You have a strong quantitative and analytical background.
- You’ve successfully recruited great teammates.
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- You are excited about collaborating with teammates across Stripe’s organization, including Product, Analytics, and Finance.
- You have at least 10 years of engineering management experience, including experience managing managers.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.#LI-KB1
We look forward to hearing from you.