Engineering Manager, Data San Francisco
Lead the teams defining the future of data at Stripe
Stripe’s Data group is responsible for defining, refining, and implementing Stripe’s data strategy. As the lead for the overall group, your focus will span from the reliability of our data infrastructure, to the usability of our machine learning platform; from supporting our internal analytics tooling used by more than half of all Stripes every week, to providing the data pipelines that power Stripe’s products from Radar to Sigma to Connect.
We’re looking for an experienced manager of managers to partner with the forty engineers and managers leading our data efforts.
- Work with other Stripe leaders to design and lead the plan for Stripe’s data infrastructure
- Empower the engineering team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability and simplicity
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team
- Develop engineers and engineering managers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
You may be a good fit if:
- You’ve managed multiple teams that designed and operated critical data infrastructure
- You know how to balance the usability, reliability, compliance and cost of critical systems
- You are deeply technical, but prefer to lean on your leadership skills
- You’ve comfortable planning in quarters, and also have experience planning in years
- You’ve successfully recruited great people to your teams
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- You are excited about collaborating with teammates across Stripe’s organization
- You’re an experienced engineering manager who has mentored other engineering managers and leaders
We look forward to hearing from you.