Engineering Manager, Dashboard Platform San Francisco
Build the dashboard for operating internet businesses anywhere in the world
Stripe builds great user experiences for running a business. The Dashboard platform team is responsible for building out the components, frontend infrastructure, and application entry points for product teams at Stripe to build high-quality, consistent user experiences in the Stripe Dashboard. The team, in partnership with our Product Design team, acts as the enabler and proprietor of the overall Dashboard experience.
The Stripe Dashboard is the tool that hundreds of thousands of businesses use to manage billions of dollars in revenue. Quality is not aspirational, it is the expectation. At the same time, this team must support an ever-growing number of product teams who need to continuously ship improvements. The Dashboard platform team lives and breathes one of Stripe’s core operating principles: efficiency is leverage.
- Develop engineers on the team and help them advance in their careers
- Recruit engineers that are amongst the best in the industry, from outreach through close
- Aide the team in working with other leaders at Stripe to define and develop the Dashboard abstractions needed to deliver great product experiences
- Work with other engineering teams to understand and improve their productivity in the Dashboard
- Help define and enforce Dashboard quality standards and their measurement
- Manage the processes necessary to operate the team effectively
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as part of the engineering management team
You may be a good fit if:
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- You have architected large, single page web applications with many contributors
- You have managed engineering teams that have a strong record of shipping
- You have successfully recruited engineers
- You have an eye for great products and can work with product engineers, product managers, and designers to effectively deliver them
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.#LI-KB1
We look forward to hearing from you.